Go green with Air Caraïbes
To love is to protect!
Choosing us means choosing to travel better!
You travel with Air Caraïbes because of the warm welcome of its staff, the quality of service and the comfort on board. But you could just as easily choose us because Air Caraïbes is also the only airline to offer a fleet made up mainly of Airbus A350 XWBs. This new generation of aircraft is more environmentally friendly, reducing fuel consumption by 25% and lowering the carbon footprint per passenger by up to 30% on all its routes. Air travel takes on a whole new meaning with us!
Choosing Air Caraïbes means choosing to travel more responsibly!
You should know that our approach is global. The fleet is undoubtedly the most visible element of our commitment. But we go much further and have done so for a long time! We want to focus our efforts on respecting the environment wherever possible. For your flight, we have studied one by one all the elements and materials used for the service on board. Those who know us know that for nearly 20 years, and since the beginning of our transatlantic flights, we have chosen to use washable dishes and cutlery. More expensive to buy, of course, but so much more durable!
Another example that illustrates the importance we place on eco-responsibility, our flight crews have been trained to adopt new piloting procedures; trajectories and speed have been adapted to minimize fuel consumption during your trip. This approach has been crowned by the Green Pilot certification, a world first of which we are very proud.
The A350 XWB, quite simply the most environmentally friendly aircraft!
Air Caraïbes has a fleet of mainly Airbus A350 XWB on its transatlantic network: 6 by the end of December 2021. A choice of high-performance, ultra-modern aircraft with the best carbon footprint, in line with our company's strategy to protect the environment.
- A much lighter aircraft*: 70% of the aircraft is made from advanced materials, including 53% carbon fiber.
- It is the quietest aircraft in its category, with a 50% reduction in noise pollution*.
- Its Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engines provide significant fuel savings.
- The paint scheme complies with the latest environmental standards (polyurethane paints and solvents with low VOCs).
The lighter A350 XWB, with its new generation engines, allows a reduction in fuel consumption of around 25% and consequently a reduction in CO2 emissions.
*Compared to the previous generation of aircraft.
A worldwide certification!
Air Caraïbes and its sister airline French bee are the first airlines in the world to be certified Green Pilot® for their commitment to sustainable development.
What is Green Pilot® certification?
- Green Pilot® is a collective movement of aviation professionals concerned about climate change and committed to promoting green actions to reduce the impact of aviation on the environment.
- Green Pilot® certification was created to meet the growing demand from airline executives to evaluate, support and improve their energy efficiency program.
- This demanding certification assesses the quality of the green policy implemented within a company's flight operations and the commitment of employees to this strategy.
- A thorough and transparent review is conducted in all areas: training, application of fuel-saving best practices, communication, CSR and involvement in collaborative projects with the airline's ecosystem.
- This certification verifies that airlines meet the highest standards of environmental best practices, public transparency and employee engagement.
- As part of the program, once the airline is certified, educational materials are provided to employees to raise awareness of fuel economy best practices, increase green culture and of course further reduce CO2 emissions.
For our company, this is a recognition of the development of a global program to reduce carbon emissions in its operations and the active involvement of its employees in its green policy.
The good sense of eco-responsibility in every detail!
We have left nothing to chance and have swept all the stages of the trip so that all the services we offer you on board adopt the same principles of respect for the environment. Less plastic waste, use of reusable or recyclable materials...
- Since the launch of our transatlantic flights, we have been using washable tableware on our meal trays.
- Our desserts are presented directly in the cooking container.
- The aluminum trays have been replaced by PET (polyethylene terephthalate) trays.
- In the Soleil and Caribbean classes, cocktail napkins and napkins surrounding cutlery are made of compostable cellulose paper.
- All salt, pepper and sugar pods are served on demand to limit waste.
- Cutlery is now made of bamboo kits.
- Plastic packaging for blankets and comfort kits has been replaced with PLA, a plant-based plastic made from corn starch.
- The new comfort kits offered in the Sunshine Classroom are packaged in kraft pouches, which are printed with vegetable-based inks.
- Plant-inspired bi-material comfort kits made of recycled cotton and burlap are offered in Caribbean class.
- For the serving of cold drinks, plastic glasses have been replaced by kraft cups of 100% vegetable origin.
- In addition, for the service of Ti' punch or planteur in economy class, PLA glasses are offered, offering resistance to high alcohol levels.
- When you travel on our lines, don't hesitate to keep your glasses throughout your flight.
An internal commitment
The Green Team in green and for all!
A team dedicated to actions in favor of sustainable development has been formed within Air Caraïbes and French bee: the Green Team. Made up of 6 people (pilots, engineers, operations control center agents), the Green Team's mission is to identify and implement new practices that will reduce the companies' carbon footprint, in particular by optimizing aircraft fuel consumption during the various phases of flight, both in the air and on the ground during taxiing.